webuser_726675577

What colour should I paint walls to match Howdens Cashmere Kitchen?

HU-726675577
5 years ago

I've had a good long look through the forum's and I don't think I can find a thread relating to this but please point me in the right direction if I've missed one.

I have recently had fitted a Howdens Cashmere Shaker kitchen, with white marble laminate worktops and brass bar handles. We were rushed a little into choosing a paint colour as the decorator only had a limited amount of time before starting another job so in haste we chose Dulux Malted Chocolate.

Now...I love my Cashmere kitchen and I love the sultry pinky grey of the Malted Chocolate...but together, they morph into one! I feel as though the room is just completely pink! Strangely, my husband thinks it's fabulous, but I'm just not happy with it. We have agreed to repaint it but I'm so frightened of making the wrong choice again.

I chose the cabinet colour based on it's earthy, warm neutral tones but whether it's the lighting in there or the wall colour that is to blame it just looks..well.... pink!

I'm desperately seeking is some advice on what paint colour to go for in order to calm those pink tones down and bring out the more greyish/mushroom tones in the cabinets. Or if anyone can share some photos of their cashmere kitchens in different settings?

The room has a large patio door facing west and a window to the right facing east. It's reasonably light all day, especially so in the mornings.

Thank you so much!

Comments (46)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.