punkclot

angled glass wall mounted cooker hoods (recirculation)

davide pascolo
5 years ago

Hi

We're redoing the kitchen and have to use a recirculation cooker hood. I've been looking at these:

Bosch Serie 4 DWK97HM60B Angled Chimney Cooker Hood, Black

which are glass with the grease grill hidden behind the glass panel. I'm specifically asking whether anyone on here has one of these and what their thoughts are? minimal reviews online. I'm wondering whether the lighting is sufficient to cook by and whether there's ever an indue with grease dripping due to the angled slope!

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comments (3)

• Tani H-S
    5 years ago
    We had a non branded one in our last house that had good reviews for being quiet and was inexpensive and that was a recirculating one. The filters were fairly easy to change but we did get a build up of grease at the top on the ceiling still and I don’t fry foods!

Is there definately no way of venting it out?

If not, just check the extraction rate for recirculating for that brand and see if they do special converters for it like the Neff hood I have do. Ie they do one called a clean air filter which is almost as effective as vented but costs over £400! Eek. Then of course the standard carbon filter.
  • davide pascolo
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi Tani

Thanks so much for the feedback, I never intended of spending over £300 for an extractor but will keep searching, we've a side ryrn right up to the boundary wall with a glazed roof so cannot run the extraction through to the neighbours so recirculation it is. I fully expect to have to clean the glazing once in a while so it's a payoff. Any clue as to where you bought the non branded one?

• Tani H-S
    5 years ago
    Oh gosh. It was probably off eBay I think! No idea on the company though as it was about 4 years or so ago.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.