kitchenexchange

Before & After - Smallbone Kitchen

Kitchen Exchange
14 January, 2019
last modified: 14 January, 2019

This delightful Smallbone solid wood kitchen was originally installed in 2005 for circa £70,000. It has now been installed into a new home in France for just under £8,000, with a now fresher look!

Before:

After:

In supreme condition – the kitchen has been exceptionally maintained and looked after. Featuring a wealth of pull-outs and storage options, the kitchen bears all the hallmarks of Smallbone’s attention to style and detail, from the ‘hidden’ drawers within the mantle, to the three tiered island and seating area.

You can see full details of this Smallbone Kitchen here: https://www.kitchenexchange.co.uk/buy-a-kitchen/smallbone/cream-shaker-style/ 

We would love to know what everyone thinks about the reinstallation!

Comments (14)

• forzaitalia
    That looks amazing. I love country style kitchens, but to get all that for £8000 is incredible. Obviously there will be fitting costs etc to add on, but still such a good deal.
    Kitchen Exchange thanked forzaitalia
  • PRO
    FAIRFAX FLOORING

That what you get when you invest in brand and quality. Looks brilliant!

Kitchen Exchange thanked FAIRFAX FLOORING
  • E D

Good to see recycling and durability in action.

Well done.

Kitchen Exchange thanked E D
  • E D

I‘m slightly confused with the before and after photos though.

Is it one and the same house?

And is the ‘before’ photo maybe a ‘during’?

• PRO
    Kitchen Exchange

@forzaitalia Thanks, they did get a cracking deal!

• forzaitalia
    E D it is a different house. The old one has a red Aga while the new is a gas range. Tiles behind range are different as is the floor. But almost identikit! Lovely though.
  • PRO
    Kitchen Exchange

@FAIRFAX FLOORING, We agree, quality brand kitchens will last a long time!

• PRO
    Kitchen Exchange

@E D Thanks ED! Yep forzaitalia is correct, the two photos are in different homes.

• J C
    Amazing! Did you manage to save the granite as well?
    Kitchen Exchange thanked J C
  • PRO
    Hampstead Design Hub

Hi there! Very well done! We used Smallbone Kitchen in one of our project and
    and it was worth every penny. Smallbone it's a combination of quality, practicality and beautiful appearance.

Kitchen Exchange thanked Hampstead Design Hub
  • PRO
    Kitchen Exchange

@J C, Yes this granite worktops were also saved!

• PRO
    Kitchen Exchange

@Hampstead Design Hub Wow what a great kitchen!! We truly love Smallbone kitchens for all the reasons you mentioned above. Thanks for your comment and great to see how amazing that project turned out!

• PRO
    Kitchen Exchange

Does anyone currently have or has owned a Smallbone kitchen? We would love to hear your opinions on the kitchen!

• Daisy England

Haven’t Smallbone gone bankrupt? A company who we deal with had them as one of their customers, debt remained outstanding as they no longer exist. Is this correct?

Ireland
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.