melanie_norton34

Sealing exposed stonework from dust

Melanie Norton
6 years ago
I am keeping my stones /bricks exposed in my living room and stairs coming down from loft and in my bedoom. I didnt want to pay builder any more to re-point as its costly /time consuming,besides i like the natural look.
But the dust is constant. Is there any special coating I can put on stones/bricks to seal in the remaining dust?

Comments (2)

• Carolina
    6 years ago

Hi,

that could be a lovely feature wall. I googled for you and this article came up (and lots of others) http://www.neverpaintagain.co.uk/blog/diy-advice-on-sealing-internal-brick-walls/

They suggest using PVA. And they name a couple of other brick sealing products too. Good luck.

• Melanie Norton
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thanks thats really helpful.
    I no my plasterers were using pva glue before plastering (but didnt realise I could also use for this reason) they've gone now hence its the tidy up jobs mainly now.
    I have pondered long hard with keeping brickwork exposed I love the feature however my daughters 22 & 18 & Mum think I should have it plastered so its nice clean.
    If I can try seal it maybe can convince them.Its a tough one as I di understand in winter it is cold looking.I just dont really want more plastering done as thats so messy. It will be nice to finally have builders gone and get my house back so I can begin the long process of tidying up all the dust dirt etc.And finally have clean floors.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.