nataliepatton

rose gold/copper accessories

Natalie Patton
6 years ago
Hi everyone was wondering if any of you very talented people could help me out. We’ve just bought a house!!! It’s a new build. I’m currently buying things for my daughters room. She is 6 but wants a ‘big girl room’ her request is pink white grey and rose gold/copper! I’d like to get it done for her ready for us moving in so I’m having to work with what’s there which is very little. The walls are white and the carpet is grey and her furniture (bed wardrobe chest of drawers desk & storage cubes) are white. In the room there are 2 windows next to each other. So I’m wondering how would you do it. I was thinking changing her handles on the furniture to a copper/rose gold? What colour bedding? How would you accessories? What colour/type of window treatments? What colour storage boxes for the cubes?
Thank you in advance can’t wait to hear all you’re amazing ideas

Comments (9)

• Tani H-S
    6 years ago
    Hello,

I would start with the larger things first ie wallpaper (rose gold glitter paper below)

Then the duvet cover (also lots of geometric covers with rose gold patterns but that might be too adult for her) - in blush pinks and sequins or rose gold accents.

Curtains could be a mix of soft greys or pinks or you might even be able to get gold ones these days to match the duvet.

Accessory wise, the shops have quite a lot of this colour in which you can include in the room, but there might also be a paint/spray paint to re-spray some of her existing accessories.

You can also cover furniture items and frames using decoupage from bits of wallpaper samples in the same colours which will tie it all in. (My sister did this with a load of old comics in her boys bedroom. Covered old wardrobes and side tables and it looked amazing!
  • honeypoppet
    6 years ago

Hello Natalie

Sounds as though your little girl has very good taste! I think you're sensible choosing white for furniture etc and accessorizing, it will mean it's a lot easier to change if she wants to in a few years.

I'd do the following in her room:

Buy some bedding with pale pink & other soft colours - something like these (from Debenhams)

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_306002145006

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_306002144963_-1

I'd then get some cushions that tone with the bedding, I believe Primark does some that would work nicely.

I think replacing the handles is a really good idea - maybe something like these?

The Etsy shop that sells these does some really cool designs: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/whitewashedshop?ref=l2-shopheader-name 

As far as window coverings go, I personally would just get white slatted blinds, but if you want something with a bit more wow, some pale pink velvet-effect curtains would look lovely in the room.

You could also accessorize with some art in a more graphic black & white style to break up the pink. Something similar to these, from Cult Furniture might work - tip is to use three so it makes enough of a statement and seems balanced.

Finally, for the storage I'd get some of those copper wire baskets like these:

Hope this helps you a bit and good luck with your project!

• Carolina
    6 years ago

I love honeypoppet's suggestions. Here are a couple of inspiration pics for you too:

Family home Kilternan Dublin · More Info

STYLING (for Three Birds Renovation + Tuabmans) · More Info

Manly Property Styling · More Info

Amberley 27 · More Info

Lamp from Barker & Stonehouse, on sale I think. Sheepskin (faux and real): Ikea.

• honeypoppet
    6 years ago
    Sounds great! Love to see some photos when it's all put together.
  • Natalie Patton
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Yea I will definitely post some at the moment it’s just a plot x
  • Carolina
    6 years ago

It does sound lovely. Looking forward to seeing the pics :-) Good luck with the build.

• Natalie Patton
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you for all your help. If any of you come across any rose gold accessories point me in the right direction. Like I said I’ve ordered a few for her desk but I’m struggling to find other accessories most of the things I’ve seen are candle holders or vase’s but she’s only 6
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.