ashleyizz

extension dilemma

ashleyizz
6 years ago
we started pulling up old concrete to prep for a large patio area on the rear of our house.
we don't have the fund to extend and won't for a number of years
However if while we are down to mud we can do some prep work that is mainly labour and not too costly for the DIYer.
e.g. moving drainage and doing the concrete pour perhaps.

As you can see we have a number of pitches to work with on our roof line as is.
The small room at very back is a toilet. attached to a sink, washing machine in the utility. thats in area with small rectangular window.
the kitchen is along main length of house and looks out onto the small patio/herb garden. the dining area is beyond the double doors and is attached to kitchen b
via large opening (not quite open plan)
That opening has a steel beam that comes out to just before double doors start. There is a another smaller beam across the middle of the kitchen as it used to be 2 smaller rooms.

Working out the possible extension location options to minimise the moving of drains and current walls etc.

what are people's ideas, I stress this will be working within a BUDGET.

Comments (3)

• ashleyizz
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    currently the layout
  • HU-694900881
    7 months ago

If you have a soakaway at present, for rainwater, you may have to move it further away from building if you extend. But the route of new pipes and position of soakaway will depend on your eventual extension design. It may help while you are working on the patio to make note/ photo graph where your current pipes go, so you can work it into future extension designs?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.