hzdeleted_23196721

Is the bamboo invasive & ?? the best tree 4 a small courtyard garden?

User
6 years ago
This isn't a garden . . . .It's a stunning work of art! I absolutely love it. I'm renovating (or rather trying to!) our small courtyard garden and would love to include a couple of trees but don't know which would suit as I'm afraid that roots may eventually damage the 100= year old walls. Any suggestions please.
College Crescent · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    John Davies Landscape
    6 years ago

Amelanchier lamarkii is the perfect small garden tree - ornamental, slow growing, small leaf, tolerant of shade. You might also try some of the smaller acer palmatums. Or something more unusual, Heptacodium micanoides. Remember that if you keep the crown of the tree quite tightly pruned you will also be effectively limiting the growth of the rootball - it's the same principle as bonsai. So you can even use species that want to grow larger but you would need to manage them.

User thanked John Davies Landscape
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.