eloisance

Family friendly pool and entertaining area

Eugenie L
7 years ago
Hi everyone
We're thinking of getting a fibreglass pool installed in our large 'blank canvas' garden. What are some of your top tips to make sure it is family friendly. For example we're thinking of having an eating area outside the fenced pool area so the kids can't get in the pool unless we're with them etc.
Many thanks
Eugenie

Comments (7)

• bigreader
    7 years ago
    Def agree having the entertainment area outside the pool fencing. I'd add, given that you have the space, have some grass area inside the fence for older kids to fool around on.
  • Eugenie L
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you so much both of you......
  • PRO
    Outside Space
    7 years ago

I would recommend engaging a landscape designer to do a master plan for you. Oh, and use licenced, reputable contractors to carry out the work for you.

• Eugenie L
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Brilliant yes I'm going to do that
  • PRO
    User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hi Eugenie

Thanks for your message.

Here are a couple of images of one of our pools as it was being done for a reno we were doing a couple of years ago.

it shows the concrete ring formed around the edge of the pool to support the edge and provide a landing for the coping.

then we installed the mosaics on the side and simply used poured limestone around the lot.

there is a big lawn area intersecting it with a large deck /alfreco separated by the pool fence.

we also created a wall mounted swivel in the alfresco for a large waterproof outdoor tv so you could watch the cricket from within the pool...

you can see more with some better landscaping etc at our website www.twos.com.au under 'our work'

cheers

• Eugenie L
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Wow.... thank you sooo much....and your work really does look amazing...well done..... it's a shame you're on the other side of the country!
    Best regards, Eugenie
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.