aclarke485

Backsplash Help with Caesarstone Frosty Carrina

aclarke485
8 years ago
Please help me decide backsplash for my kitchen! White Dove cabinets, revere pewter island, Caesarstone Frosty Carrina countertops. I am considering white subway tile or one of the two below. Going for a "warm" white kitchen (inspiration board attached too).

Comments (34)

• leelee
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Don't get distracted by all the pretty tile at the tile store. Whatever you choose make sure the grout is white.

When you see them closer they don't work together. The counters don't seem warm at all.

If you want a warm kitchen then reconsider the counters.

• leelee
    8 years ago

How about something like this?

• aclarke485
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thank you for the response! They do go together in person - wish the pics made it easy to see. Frosty Carrina is warm as far as whites go but not in general, I agree. I am set on white kitchen. I just can't decide which backsplash!
  • Stacy Lawrence
    8 years ago

We have the same inspiration kitchen! (Lower left) Jute Noe Valley, and I'm in the middle of choosing my backsplash also. I ended up getting plain Organic White Caesarstone…and I was leaning towards a crackled beveled subway tile, but then a subway Carrera sounds lovely too! The exact tile in the photo is about $80psf! So, I'm not sure if I'm doing traditional stacked subway or herringbone but I tend to lean toward the traditional choices and the subway seems nice with your counters. I also don't think the "marble look" counters look the best with real marble backsplash tiles but that's just me. I also have your first choice on my bathroom floors and I do love them :) Have fun and I know it will look great either way!

aclarke485 thanked Stacy Lawrence
  • km kane
    8 years ago
    I'm in the same spot. I have Frosty Carina and am searching for a backsplash. I think the herringbone tile color would work perfectly for your color scheme! I'm looking for something with brown in it to pick up the color in my walnut island, hood and shelving. No luck so far :(
    aclarke485 thanked km kane
  • Kathi Steele
    7 years ago

ason1, it looks gorgeous!

aclarke485, since your counter is rather plain, go with a more patterned backsplash! Choose what speaks to you.

aclarke485 thanked Kathi Steele
  • ason1
    7 years ago

Thanks kathi. I forgot to mention that in the kitchen the colour of the tile is the more beige/yellow tone. Here's a pic of my laundry where i used grey tiles, just to give you an idea how the 2 colour will work.

. Same white dove and frosty carrina.

Here a pic of kitchen tile.

Hope this helps. Either way the are both going to be beautiful.

aclarke485 thanked ason1
  • PRO
    Misani Custom Kitchens
    7 years ago

I have many clients who wait until everything is completed in the kitchen. Let the dust settle a bit and then bring the samples in to sit with for awhile. Herringbone is definitely making a comeback it seems. Its a classic design.

aclarke485 thanked Misani Custom Kitchens
  • Kathi Steele
    7 years ago

Waiting is a great idea when you are not sure. Saves headaches later!

aclarke485 thanked Kathi Steele
  • PRO
    D.E. Interior Designs
    7 years ago
    The herringbone. The arabesque has too much going on.
    aclarke485 thanked D.E. Interior Designs
  • aclarke485
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you ason1! Both your kitchen and laundry room are so beautiful, and I really appreciate you sharing the photos! It is so helpful to see an example!

• PRO
    Michelle Yorke Interior Design LLC
    7 years ago

It might be of use to share a lovely kitchen we did for a client. Take note of the backsplash.

Issaquah Kitchen · More Info

Issaquah Kitchen · More Info

• Judy Bee
    7 years ago

Do you think that Frosty Carrina with white subway tile backsplash and white cabinets is not enough contrast?

• PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    7 years ago

I like the herringbone patterned stone.

• Kathi Steele
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

You can have contrast in many ways. This was my inspiration kitchen.

Kitchen · More Info

The flooring and island provided a lot of contrast. But basically it is a white on white kitchen. The countertop has enough contrast to warrant a plain back splash, IMHO.

Those hanging lights were to die for! Way too expensive for my budget!

• Judy Bee
    7 years ago

Thanks! In some of the other photos, the cabinets appear more gray. And that countertop is darker than FC, no? I won't have that dark wood and am going for a cottage look, maybe beachy since I'm near the beach and the building exterior is Cape Codish. I need to go look at FC again and get a sample, which Snyder Diamond didn't have yesterday. I'm afraid that London Gray will look too drab.

• PRO
    Misani Custom Kitchens
    7 years ago

If you're near the beach, keep it light! Don't go buy pictures for colour reference, test colour in your space, its the only way. Good luck.

• Judy Bee
    7 years ago

Thanks for that, and I know you're right about keeping it light and testing. I was going to go with light gray counters, and now I'm hesitant because of the cool vs warm issue. I think I prefer warm.

• PRO
    Karry Home Solutions
    7 years ago

Definitely the herringbone.

• Barbara Kavadias
    7 years ago
    What did you decide Judy? I am in similar boat. FC countertops. White vans except one wall of turquoise floor to Ceilings IKEA cabs with stainless steel fridge, stove, sink. Cork vinho floors from build direct. Big windows facing to pool. I thought light but something to bring in both the brown, grays and turquoise
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Barbara, have you ever seen the subway tile in white onyx? it's beautiful. Would go well w/your color palette and not everyone and their mother has this as their backsplash!

• Barbara Kavadias
    7 years ago
    Thanks Beth. I have not seen them, but they look nice. I will see if I can find a sample and see how it looks.
  • Barbara Kavadias
    7 years ago
    Beth, could you name a company that makes the white onyx tiles? I am not having much luck finding them.
  • sbergasse
    7 years ago

aclarke485 what did you end up doing for your blacksplash? I also have frosty carina, and have had a hard time deciding. I really like the second photo of tiles in which you have posted above. Can you tell me what the name of the tiles in the second photo are?

• Barbara Kavadias
    7 years ago
    I have the frosty carrina and ended up going with a glass mosaic tile (ivory) from Build Direct. We are very happy with the result. It has gold and grey and amber in the pattern and really brings a wonderful warmth and sheen to the space.
  • PRO
    TEC Construction & Development
    7 years ago

We used the Frosty Carrina in this condo remodel in Naples Florida. The Backsplash is Beluga Trinity run horizontally. All who see it are impressed with the combination.

Completed Open Concept Kitchen · More Info

• C Bridge
    7 years ago

I'm currently installing Frosty Carrina in my kitchen, and planning on pairing it with Bossy Gray for my backsplash. There's a nice thread here:

[https://www.houzz.com/discussions/back-splash-help-please-dsvw-vd~3013066[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/back-splash-help-please-dsvw-vd~3013066)

• jes_london69
    6 years ago

We are working on a kitchen counter with frosty carrina as well and wanting herringbone. I really like the pattern in the original post. Can you let me know which vendor/product this is?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

jes-london,,,those are 1x2 carrara in a herringbone set on a mesh. you can find them everywhere. Builder Depot has these

even Houzz carries them.

the longer format look a little better. classier. 1x4 or 1x6

• PRO
    Karry Home Solutions
    6 years ago

We have several of this style in our showroom. Drop by if you'd like to view.

• jes_london69
    6 years ago

Thank you. I really enjoy the color in the original post.

• rushbird
    5 years ago

aclarke485, I really like the natural stone tile in your original post (the second pic). What is the name of it? Thanks!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.