mpdesign_usa

Prefab construction?

MP DESIGN
8 years ago
Hello:
Nice project and cool looking home. Is this a prefab or regular construction? For $100K - $150K seems like a bargain. What 's the square footage of this home? Thanks.
rincon mtns. res · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Wg Gasser Design
    8 years ago

hi, thanks for your interest.

this project came in at $125k for the construction, with $25k in site developments costs including new well pump and over 800 ft. water service and septic system... it also has off-grid solar power.

the square footage is 980 liveable with a 400 sf carport and 300 sf front porch... I built it with my crew of 3 men last year. it is located in a very remote are on the eastern slope of the Rincon mountains, east of Tucson, AZ.

unfortunately, the owners were not completey satisfied because we went a little over budget.

I will post in process photos of the interior.

wally gasser

• PRO
    Wg Gasser Design
    8 years ago

I just realized that I didn't answer your question: this is a site-build project. It is conventionally wood framed, with Corten metal sheathing at the exterior and GWB at interior. The floor is exposed concrete with a sealer finish.

• PRO
    MP DESIGN
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Thank you for the info. That's a great looking home for that construction price (about $156/sf)!

• PRO
    Wg Gasser Design
    8 years ago

not to be nit-picky, but the actual per unit construction cost would be $35/sf for carport and porches and $100/sf for the livable area. once again, i'll post some interior pics when I get the chance...

• PRO
    MP DESIGN
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks for the detailed info! Looking forward to the interior pictures when they become available.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.