stephanieassumpta

Stephanie assumpta

help. brick is brown. floor is brown and units are brown. on a budget and not going to change floor as it is so easy to keep and like my brown units. any suggestions as to a what I could do with brick. paint it ?

Comments (3)

• teamaltese
    8 years ago
    Normally I'd say leave it, but you have a lot of brown! Lots of options. Go ahead and paint it, a soft cream. Use a soft cream to "white wash". The brick, to even out the tone. If the budget allows, get someone in, or DIY, to drywall over the brick. Leave the brick alone, add floating shelves. Or put up several bookcases, like IKEA Billy bookcases, with closed backs to help hide the brick.
    stephanieassumpta thanked teamaltese
  • Architectural Notice
    8 years ago

That is a lot of brick. I think it would look nice painted a light neutral color, like white or off-white.

stephanieassumpta thanked Architectural Notice
  • emmarene9
    8 years ago

If you really hate the brick I would suggest you try staining before you paint. Google brick stain and you will see what I'm talking about.

stephanieassumpta thanked emmarene9
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.