decorideas523

help!!!! on subway tile job

decorideas523
8 years ago

I am helping lay subway tile in the master shower of my daughter's new home. The subway tile will be on 2 sides, (the other 2 sides are enclosed with glass. The tiled section is 8' ft. high x 6' ft. long and 8' ft. high x 4 ft. long. It started out great- all level, but about 4 ft. high it started getting unlevel by about 1/8th inch. From the front it almost looks like it has a slight sway in the center - its not to noticeable, but I don't understand why there would be a sway at all and why is it unlevel. The wall is square and does not have a bow. Help, I really do not know how to fix this. I know that all tile may vary slightly, but if I tried to put too many wedges, then the grout line will be too wide in spots. What am I doing wrong? (Other than not hiring a professional).

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.