elaine_brazil

how low should over island bulkhead for extractor fan hand from ceilin

Elaine Brazil
8 years ago

i have big island being built with bulkhead holding extractor fan shadowing shape of island and im just wondering how far from ceiling bulkhead should hang?

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Studio Uguisu
    8 years ago

Hi there,

The manufacturer of the extraction fan should be able to guide you as to how far above the cooker it should be installed. This type of information is often featured on the manufacturer's website, or you could contact them directly for their technical specification sheet.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with your project!

• PRO
    Openplan Design
    8 years ago

we usually build them 30cm down from the ceiling, just enough to clear the motor, however if you have very tall ceilings you might want to consider more beef as the become quite inefficient the further they go from the hob. simple rule of thumb, the further up you move, the more powerful the motor has to be

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.