amanda_cunningham9131871

Small courtyard and privacy reccomendations.

Beautiful, love your work! We have a small courtyard 2.2mtrs x 3 mtrs, with an entrance to the house. What type of type of tree would you recommend for this space, bearing in mind we dont want to be ducking around it to get in and out of this entrance? Could you also let me know the type of planting you have on the edges and what height do these grow to? We want to maximize privacy year long with as low maintenance as possible. Thanks!
College Crescent · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    John Davies Landscape
    8 years ago

Hi Amanda, I'm glad you like it. 2.2 x 3m is very very small. The tree in the picture, Amelanchier lamarkii is great for small gardens, slow growing, tolerant of a variety of conditions etc. Multi stem is great though unless it is a very compact multistem you may well find there is not room, so a standard tree would be better. Also, there will be many large shrubs that might be suitable eg camellia, viburnum, drimys etc etc. Depending on where you are, you could look at summer flowering evergreens such as hoheria, eucryphia or luma apiculata. These are all evergreen. The picture above is taken not long after planting so the herbaceous is yet to do its thing. I planted hakonechloa macra, astrantia major alba, polystichum setiferum and persicaria amplexicaulis along with the buxus dome and trachelospermum jasminoides. If you need help, the best thing would be to contact me by email.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.