buckleup2000

Real or Render?

Luke Buckle
9 years ago

Can you identify if this photo is a genuine photo or is a 3-d rendered drawing made with a computer program?

Let us know your reasons in the comments below...

Modular House · More Info

REAL
RENDER

Comments (18)

• PRO
    4f Lighting
    9 years ago

Rendering. The human figures always give it away.

• christiania
    9 years ago
    Too too perfectly not quite right!
    Luke Buckle thanked christiania
  • PRO
    Slocum Design Group
    9 years ago

Rendered but fantastic work. I'm not exactly sure why, but my customers seem to get more emotionally involved when there is less realism. It is as if they are forced to use their imagination to help visualize, and that gets them more connected. When I have presented design concepts that are this complete, they seem to lose focus on the overall concept and start nitpicking paint colors or other minor details. Granted, I use illustrations to sell design concepts early in the process. This would be outstanding for a final marketing piece. I'd love to hear if others designers have experienced the same thing?

• PRO
    CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
    9 years ago

Looks like 3d. But nice.

• hilarymonbouquette
    9 years ago

When they're rendered, the light and shadow always seem too drastic. I also agree with the comment about the figures always giving it away.

• devasmyth
    9 years ago

Look at the reflections in the water, and the red dressed person is missing.

• Judy Mishkin
    9 years ago

maybe they just walked out, really fast. : )

• fabulouslife
    9 years ago

The photo is not breathing... Looks like someone who's holding their breath

Nevertheless, excellent computer rendition

• bugsysmom717
    9 years ago
    The people were a quick give away without even looking at anything else..
  • PRO
    Home Resolutions
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

The house might be real, but the image is not. The plants on the left by the sand is a poor blend, the trees in the distance have too hard an edge with the sky, the shadows on the left of the house lack a gradation, the depth of field is off, and the colours overall are too saturated.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    9 years ago

Rendered. You can tell by Godzilla in the bushes behind the oak.

• lara27
    9 years ago

the high tide mark is too sharp - grasses and foam would be washed up on the left side with patches of plantings turning into the landscaping. the pinkish rocks on the right side should be in shadows and the foreground plantings are too sharp against the background

• Patricia Carswell
    9 years ago

The people - always a give away.

• noexcusesinatlanta
    9 years ago

The shadows gave it away.

• M Giles
    9 years ago

Rendered. The edges are all just a bit too crisp. The technology is getting better and better all the time though.

• Luke Buckle
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Not sure I really need to answer which this was... RENDER!

• Luke Buckle
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Here's our new poll - can you pick this one? https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/3043917/poll-real-or-render
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.