morokill

Bifolding doors versus sliding patio doors for new garden room

9 years ago
New build garden room opening onto patio with view of garden

Comments (7)

• 9 years ago
    Well it will all depend on size and space . . .
  • 9 years ago
    After going through the same dilemma, we are so happy we went with bifolds. They open out the whole space whereas sliding doors still leave you with some glass (a doors width). Well worth the extra money.

Of course if you only have a small opening then perhaps double opening french doors would be better than sliding doors.
  • 9 years ago
    I'm near Preston and it was my joiner who fitted them. They did the opening and fitted a new lintel etc and I had a choice of 2 local companies who made them.

Let me know if you want his details if you are near
  • PRO
    8 years ago

Price could be a point sliding doors will be more expensive and are likely to be in Aluminuim

• PRO
    7 years ago

We prefer folding sliding doors as they maximise the space and the rooms potential... if the sunny weather continues!!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.