carol_cameron10

Kerb appeal on plain frontage

Carol Cameron
10 days ago

Could you help me with advise on how to get more kerb appeal for my bungalow. It has a ver plain frontage and I was thinking of changing the windows and adding a porch or veranda and maybe some cladding. What do you think?
The porch picture below is what I was thinking of or something similar.

Comments (7)

• Sarah L
    8 days ago

It's a nice bungalow. Do the windows need replacing? If they're upvc, it is possible to get them painted. I wouldn't do the American/Australian verandah thing.

• Sarah L
    7 days ago

Inspo

• Jonathan
    7 days ago

I think it depends on your budget and the rest of the street. If everyone has extended and done their own thing then there is less pressure to confirm but if all the houses look like yours I would reign in your plans and just replace the windows.

If you feel confident that a unique makeover will sit well on the street and enhance its value then there are lots of things you can do. I love these verandahs but would point out that most of us have a drive in front of our front doors so only do it is you have a nice outlook

• Sonia
    7 days ago

Wow that is a pretty out there update. However I do have a soft spot for the American house styles with all that lovely cladding, so it could work and certainly more interesting than the usual grey windows and white render combo. However, some planning depts are not that keen on updates to the front of a house if it differs too much from the neighbours. I do like it though.

• kazzh
    7 days ago

I think you just need to wait till your planting matures. It’s looking a bit lack lustre now as the plants are quite small and don’t really impact. Give them a spring with some fertiliser for them to mature and create more impact. A porch or over hang will potentially reduce your light to the interior.

• Carol Cameron
    Original Author
    2 days ago

We don't live on a street of houses, we are in the country and stand on an acre plot. The front is very flat. We have added a deck to the back of the house as attached which has worked well. Also added a carport to front. Will attach photos. Glad for all your suggestions.

• Sarah L
    2 days ago

😍🤩😍

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.