jeannette_sutton

Backyard is adjoining our neighbors and we can't put up a fence

Jeannette Sutton
9 years ago
We are purchasing a home where all of the houses share a back yard. HOA restricts building fences but I want more than just grass. Suggestions? Pictures?

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Creative Property Restoration
    9 years ago
    How do you feel about bamboo? It's gorgeous, hardy, and provides a great barrier for privacy due to it's height and the closeness of the stalks.
  • amytaylor13
    9 years ago
    Can you get around this by using "natural" materials to create a wall? trees? shrubs?
  • PRO
    OMNIA Group Architects
    9 years ago
    SAY NO to bamboo, unless it is the non invasive species. We like the arborvitae, cedar or evergreen shrubs. Check with your local reputable nursery. If you have deer, you must choose a deer resistant specimen.
  • PRO
    Julia & Elizabeth
    9 years ago
    I would recommend tall evergreens. They create a natural fence and privacy year round.
  • butlera
    9 years ago
    Rocket Junipers grow quickly and quite tall. They give privacy while still allowing access between.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.