webuser_583737434

Do white Quartz worktops stain? Coffee, tea, beetroot etc?

Jane Ash
last month

We are investing in a new kitchen and have opted for white quartz worktops. my husband is a really messy cook and im worried our lovely new kitchen will not survive! How do you clean quartz?

Comments (6)

• macbroom
    last month

Washing-up liquid with water on a cloth is all you need, and then dry off, try not to let stains settle and wipe up as you go, saying that I missed a red wine mark on white quartz and it wiped off easily the next day.

Jane Ash thanked macbroom
  • Isla Cherry
    last month

No it does not stain. i also have white and have found a rasberry juice mark in an odd place and it just wiped straight off, no problem. I do use trivets though just in case. You could invest in larger chopping boards to help him.

Jane Ash thanked Isla Cherry
  • Jonathan
    last month

It depends- if it has a glossy finish then it is very easy. If your Quartz has a silk or leather or concrete finish they don’t shrug off marks as easily and you will need to buy a kitchen cleaner that contains bleach- don’t clean your cabinet door with bleach though.

Jane Ash thanked Jonathan
  • CWD
    last month

Sharpies stain - you can clean most of it out and make like it's part of the marble-effect veining if it's just one small-ish mark....but you'll always see it and know. And then you can be very grateful that the island worktop is being replaced due to a manufacturing defect that you'd already complained to the supplier about. Just for example, not saying this ever actually happened.

• Isla Cherry
    last month

I have also had the suede finish in a dark grey. Stunning to look at. Nightmare to clean. Watermarks show up too so it had to be kept dry. Glossy white is the most forgiving.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.