simone_gonzalest

hallway help I need help .. flooring and Shoe Storage

Simone Gonzales
3 months ago

Hello all , new year new start … I really need some inspiration on how I can make my hallway functional, attractive and workable for a family of 4 .. two toddlers and a husband with many trainers 🤣. What I need help with …

I have taken 3 photos

1. Porch … I love the wall tiles so would love something that kept with the theme

2. Main hall area a strange shape we do like less is better do need a function hall tree or seat and wardrobe would that work

3. Floor I would like to change the floor so oriole can walk in from the porch to take their shoes off rather than everyone sitting on the floor at the door entrance worrying about carrying mud onto a carpet .

4. Flooring … I don’t really want to have carpet but unsure what floor to have … ideally I would like the option of extending the flooring choice into the dining room and flow into the kitchen as I am guessing this may be better for the house overall ?? I was thinking a LVT … what colour would you go for ? Wood ,grey … open to any thoughts … the floor can’t be slippy

5. Seat and storage … I have a handmade pew as you can see but it’s not functional . I need something that will allow people to sit whilst putting their shoes and accessing shows from the front not the top to avoid damaging the shoes. Realistically we probably have around 10 pairs of shoes in the hallway / porch at one time and it’s driving me insane . I would ideally like to hit them so I don’t see them 🤣

6. Decor … I am not looking to paint but how can I make the room light brighter and a little more homely without clutter .

Comments (30)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.