elizabeth_richardsmartin

Best Luxury vinyl of 2023?? I find bad reviews on every line.

Hello All. I am in the process of trying to pick a luxury vinyl for 1800sf of space (attic and basement) and am having a really hard time finding a brand/line that doesn't have concerning reviews or even lawsuits against them. We have white oak in the rest of our house and just finished the stairs in white oak as well. The only company I feel like people are satisfied with is Coretec, but sadly, I don't think any of the colors match up with what we're looking for. I've found options that match in both NuCore and GemStone, but am scared by the negative reviews. Does anyone have any lines that they've installed that they're happy with? I'm SO tired of looking! :-) I've attached a couple pictures of the stairs. Thank you!

Comments (12)

• PRO
    WeShipFloors
    10 months ago

Give our SUPERCore a try, it's quite a bit more durable and resistant than the Coretec product! We'll send you free samples of whatever you like. You can see all the options at WeShipFloors.com

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    10 months ago

Love your stair works! Are you looking to have LVP match natural white oak color?

• Mary Elizabeth
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

I see that WeShipFloors has commented. I was just going to say, we installed their product not quite 3 years ago, and are very pleased with it!

I think they have increased their selection of colors and patterns since then.

ETA: We went to more than a dozen local flooring dealers before we finally selected SuperCore. it was a much better product (locking system, mill layer finish, etc.) at a much better price than anything we saw in the stores (no matter if it was big box or high end)!

Although a lot of the bad reviews I see are for the poor installation, rather than the actual product.

• eld6161
    10 months ago

You might have to go in a different direction. A stone look vinyl tile?

ETA we have been very pleased with our Coretec LVP in our Florida home.

So, see if you can get a Coretec product,

• Jennifer Hogan
    10 months ago

I picked an LVT manufactured by Coretec, but my sister and my niece both used Mannington Adura Max and are very happy with the flooring.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    10 months ago

I have used Adura for clients for quite a long time with no issues. I have old school from 2007 for my walkout it was Allure from HD we installed it over dri-core in the space . We have had 3 huge dogs and the floor still looks like new with a quick mop up on rainy days when the dog run is a but muddy. I agree get a box and tst for issues you might have .For me the big issue you will deal with is trying to match the fake wood to the real I did my basement stairs with the same LVP as the basement floor

• Candace Flynn
    8 months ago

@Mary Elizabeth, could you post a picture of your supercore floors?

• Mary Elizabeth
    8 months ago

@Candace Flynn

• Mary Elizabeth
    8 months ago

@Candace Flynn, this is in our lower level. The room is about 55' long x 30' wide, with a ton of windows. I'm not a good photographer (at all). NONE of the pictures give the true overall color.

And IMO, neither do the pictures on the website:

SUPERCore Asheville Waterproof Rigid Plank Flooring - WeShipFloors

We were careful to layout a "pattern" ahead of time to avoid any repeats close to each other, or a "stripey" look. Regardless of brand or color, you should always get at least one box to test in your own setting.

• User
    8 months ago

We have Mannington Adura "Manhattan" in "White Iron" in our kitchen (a white/beige/gray design that of course they've discontinued! Have some extrain the basement!). It's been down for 8 years with the only minor issue of a few tiles popping slightly on one edge. It's a nongrouted floating floor. What I do love about it is it cleans with just warm water, doesn't need wax or anything else. Take a piece of your wood and bring it to the tile store - when we did the kitchen we lugged a piece of the cabinet door, a pain chip, a piece of the countertop granite and knew we were doing stainless appliances so we were able to see how tile would blend together.

• Mary Elizabeth
    8 months ago

It's always best to view choices in the setting & lighting where they will be used. Store lighting is often (still) flourescent or now, very bright LED. But either way, much different from most homes.

Also, the direction and number of window/door openings is a huge factor.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.