adam_gonta

Studio to 1 bed conversion floorplan help!

Adam Gonta
last year

Hello everyone :)

I was wondering whether there might be some creative people here (I'm sure there are!), that can help me with some ideas for a conversion from a studio to a 1 bed flat. I have attached the original floorplan along with one of my ideas.

Everything goes ie. knocking down internal walls etc. The only thing I would like keep the bathroom in the same corner. That's it!

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Kay Moden
    last year

Are you able to move the main entrance door? It could change much if you move it all way to the right unless you have stairs there that run to the floor above.

• Adam Gonta
    Original Author
    last year

No unfortunately not. There’s another flat on one side and stairs on the other.

• PRO
    Kay Moden
    last year

Thanks, consider Japanese-style sliding partitions etc rather than solid walls.

I wouldn't connect the kitchen to the bedroom, but I appreciate the constraints.

• PRO
    Cotterpine
    last year

Very rough and quick idea here.  Consider a shower,  a pocket door,  small fridge under counter and open space above partition for light to flow

• Adam Gonta
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you Cotterpine :) very nice suggestion

• PRO
    The Living House
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hi Adam Gonta, there are creative ways of zoning open plan spaces such as using furniture as dividers. As an example you could opt for a piece of furniture that may double up as a media unit and behind is your bedroom area. If you would like help with your studio apartment, feel free to drop us a message. We would love to help you! - Sophie

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.