carolyn_jenkins75

Adding a Bar Sink to Coffee Bar. Pro’s and Con’s?

Carolyn Jenkins
2 years ago

We are remodeling kitchen and have a nice place for a Wine or Coffee Bar about 5 feet from the main kitchen. All is located in a great room. I wonder if adding a small Bar sink, no more than 16 1/2 inch wide, to the Coffee Bar will be beneficial or will it cause problems or be messy? Actually, we can use the spot for both wine and coffee since it will have a built in wine cooler, waste basket and microwave drawer. I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has done this or has this set up.

Comments (4)

• M Riz
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

It would take a bit of traffic from your kitchen, and messiness is controllable. Go with a square or rectangular sink over a round one. I have a wetbar in the media room that includes a wine fridge and beverage fridge. Its convenient when you are watching a movie and also keeps some stuff out of the main fridge. If your setup will work for you why are you asking randos their opinion. You know your family’s lifestyle.

• Bethany Szczepanski
    2 years ago

Did you make a choice yet? I’m in the same boat. The main sink is on the island with eat-up depth and we have another counter on the opposite side to use for coffee/bar/serving area. Is the sink useful to reduce traffic at the main sink or is it better to keep the counter clear? There is a bathroom and a laundry sink right down the hall for additional hand washing so this sink would probably only serve to fill the coffee pot and dump/rinse glasses between drinks. There’s already a drain there so plumbing is easy. I’m leaning to no but worried I’ll regret it.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    2 years ago

My kitchen is 13' x 20' and I have a beverage bar at one end out of the main work area. It has room for a wine rack, wine glasses and coffee mugs, coffee, filters, a Keurig, and other items that I don't need in the main work area. I also installed a 16" square sink with a cold water filter faucet. No refrigerator since the main fridge is easily accessible to both areas. It was one of the best things I ever did when renovating the kitchen!

• PRO
    Vision Interiors
    last year

With my clients I talk through their use on this a lot. It seems like people who host a lot and make cocktails get more use out of it but people who host less have me filling those sinks in.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.