rachel_yu4078173

Where to see slabs Cambria, Silestone, Ceasarstone quartz in Houston

TxMomma
3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can go to see full slabs of Cambria, Silestone, Ceasarstone quartz in Houston? It seems like like every stone yard I call only sells their own brands of quartz. Then other retailers only have the small samples of the Cambria, Silestone, Ceasarstone quartz brands. I need like to see full slabs in order to pick one. I've done some research and it seems that the above brands are the best warranty wise for quartz.

Comments (10)

• justcallmepool
    3 years ago

Where are you in Houston? There are lots of stone yards along Hempstead Hwy and off Clay Road & Hempstead. There's also a group around Richmond/Weslayan, and around I-10 & the Beltway.

I believe Daltile on Hempstead had slabs of quartz.

There's a Cambria showroom at I-10 & Durham.

@Joseph Corlett, LLC can confirm this or not, but my understanding with quartz is one of the positives is all the slabs look the same. That may be a reason why you can't find full slabs but I could be wrong.

I used quartz in my bathrooms, and didn't use any big name brand and so far, so good. My quartz & quartzite slabs are from Terra Granite & Quartz off of Hempstead. Earth Stone is another place we frequented and bought some items, but be prepared they will not give you any pricing without your contractor.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

As we've seen here many times, engineered stone manufacturers struggle for consistency between batches. Enough that someone should see their slabs before they are cut.

• TxMomma
    Original Author
    3 years ago

poollivingthedreamnow - I can and will drive anywhere in Houston to see slabs, so location is no problem. Thank you for the recommendations for places to view. I've been to earthstone, Arizona tile, and Daltile (their warehouse is sooooo dark!!). But will check out the other suggestions.

I definitely want to see full slabs of quartz before I buy it. I am deciding between quartz and quartzite ( I love the white kitchen look but am suspicious of quartz and the marketing claims that its as good as granite or quartzite bc its really just a mix resin, polymers, and natural stone). Also reading threads about people having issues with quartz fading, chipping, staining, or yellowing. So was hoping to go for a made in the US big brand name such as Cambria, Silestone, or Ceasarstone bc they have good warranties. But, seriously having a hard time locating yards with full slabs of these brands. Most yards make their own brand of quartz and the warranties are not as good if any,

Joseph Corlett, LLC - thank you for your input! I'm guessing you will suggest a 3cm thickness with slightly rounded edge to avoid chips based on your previous posts?

• Kath
    3 years ago

I love Adam at The Stone Store, if he does not have the slab to show, he can usually direct you to a place to view. Their shop uses a laser to cut the stone, and their prices are very reasonable.

• PRO
    Morningstar Stone & Tile
    3 years ago

While this won't help you with your immediate needs, there is a movement among quartz manufacturers to provide full slabs for fabricator showrooms. Right now we have more than 9 varieties of full slabs from several manufacturers. This is up from zero a few months back. We expect this trend to grow in the coming months. The small samples that have been the industry norm are starting to fall out of favor and manufacturers are reacting.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

"Joseph Corlett, LLC - thank you for your input! I'm guessing you will suggest a 3cm thickness with slightly rounded edge to avoid chips based on your previous posts?"

You're a good guesser.

If you want an all pure white countertop that's the most sanitary, most easily repaired, has a 50-year track record, and you don't ever have to look at slabs ahead of time, get Corian Glacier White please.

• Becky H
    3 years ago

I live in the Houston area my fabricator gave me a list of places they work with. That was after the Harvey flood. I’m now remodeling a 1960 original house. wondering if you need an appointment to go in and look since COVID.

• TxMomma
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Becky H - I've called each stone yard before I've visited. Most do not require an appt.

Went to Pomogranit and MSI yesterday. Both have off brands of quartz from china and vietnam. Neither could give me any info on warranty either. I high tailed it out of there.

Going to look at Silestone today. Saw Cambria yesterday but my fabricator doesn't have an account so if I choose it I'll have to use another fabricator (Cambria gave me some names). Apparently their application process is quite lengthy.

I'm still torn between Taj Majal and Quartz with veining (see bottom two pics below). I know the Taj will be indestructable but the quartz gives that white clean modern look...... Two very different kitchen looks. I'm really just unsure that quartz will be as indestructable as quartzite.

• Becky H
    3 years ago

Taj Mahal was my 1st choice for this house but we remodeled our hall bathroom first had to go with a remnant went with msi Calacatta Laza quartz. I like it so thinking of doing that in the whole house.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.