debbied1102

When to use egg wash if par baking rolls?

debbie
3 years ago

I want to par bake my rolls today and reheat them tomorrow. When is the best time to use the egg wash?

Comments (5)

• party_music50
    3 years ago

I'd do the wash the same time as the normal recipe. i.e., if you brush with egg before going into the oven, do it then. If you brush 5 min. before removing from the oven, do it then.

• lindac92
    3 years ago

Egg wash before reheating....If you do it before parbaking, they will brown....and when reheated be VERY brown.

• debbie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I think they might get too brown so I've decided to do it before reheating. Thanks for your input.

• PRO
    tischlager
    5 months ago

I had the exact same question. How did your rolls turn out when doing the wash before reheating?

• Olychick
    5 months ago

I always wash before baking. I freeze them then reheat in foil, while frozen, to serve. The freezing makes them reheat as if fresh, the foil keeps them from over browning.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.