marnae_nguyen85

Is anyone familiar with Muller Graff engineered floors

Marnae Nguyen
3 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with Muller Graff? I am considering them but cannot find any review. Thank you

Comments (46)

• SJ McCarthy
    3 years ago

Seems to have the same corporate head office as Republic Floor. Probably a subsidiary that is just starting out. Whomsoever wrote the website is not a native English speaker. The say something about European manufacturing...which would be the reason why the website has poor English. Muller Graff is a Germanic name.

• Marnae Nguyen
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you

• california55
    3 years ago

Did you end up using this brand? I was just looking at it too and like their new 8" width plank

• Candri Brizu
    3 years ago

Has anyone purchsed them? I have a few samples at home. They look quite OK... but I"m terrified of finding no reviews about them.

• houstongirl
    3 years ago

I picked up some samples as well. Would love to hear any feedback. Thanks in advance

• Candri Brizu
    3 years ago

I am afraid they are either new, awful, or both! Nobody has ever heard them! I reccommend you checking out https://www.builddirect.com/ - they have a big selection and good prices.

• Candri Brizu
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I am sure you will be OK but please let me know. They do a fantastic job at showcasing their product on a beautiful website and I am sure they are of good quality. Which particular floor and finiish did you chose? I still have samples here and like so many of them!

Personally, I ended up buying this floor because it was under $5 and MGraff was close to $8 as per my local vendors.

https://www.builddirect.com/p/Vanier-Engineered-Hardwood-Artisan-Brushed-Oak-Collection--15262720

• Marnae Nguyen
    Original Author
    2 years ago

That floor looks beautifu and awhat a great price!!!! Woudl love to see pictures after it is installed.

• Candri Brizu
    2 years ago

It was just installed today. Looks OK. I wish it was even smoother (less wood grain) ... but I’m quite pleased.

• Candri Brizu
    2 years ago

Another pic earlier in the day and against painted wall.

• E H
    2 years ago

Candri, that looks great! That's how I thought mine would turn out, but mine has a lot more knots and is much yellower than I thought/remembered. Hopefully it will look a little better after I paint the space. I got Belle Ponds Fosse. I'm also doing a blue accent wall. 🙂

• E H
    2 years ago

Marnae (or anyone else still considering Muller Graff), have you read these 2 articles? Republic Floor on fast track to market penetration and Barlinek expands to US market I found them to be informative. ;)

If you're comfortable buying from the internet, I recommend checking out Stuga; my co-worker used them and I found a flooring I liked as well. Ultimately I went with Muller Graff because of pricing ($6 vs $9) and to make the coordination/install easier for my contractor. Stuga is an online-only distributor of a very well known Swedish manufacturer of engineered hardwood (which you can find easily through a quick search).

• Janelle Jenks
    2 years ago

We also have 2 of their products as the top contenders for our remodel. For you all that installed the Muller Graff flooring, how is it holding up?? I'm nervous too since there are still no reviews!

• Candri Brizu
    2 years ago

@Janelle Jenks - Which colors / kinds do you have? From my experiments on the physical store, BLANC is incredbily beautiufl but awfully dirty. I could see everyone of my shoe prints on that color... I was leaning towards Ballamy which felt less dirty.

• Janelle Jenks
    2 years ago

We like Mercier Hills- Durand bronze and Augustine- Couture Tan.

• Candri Brizu
    2 years ago

I love LOVE Durand Bronze. Almost went with that one.

• Jean Tankersley
    2 years ago

How did you decide which direction to lay the flooring. Anyone have an install that included stairs?

• Janelle Jenks
    2 years ago

Well....we decided to take the chance and ordered the Augustine meadows, couture tan by Muller Graff. I'll try and keep you all updated :)

• Justin Hassan
    2 years ago

@Janelle Jenks We are looking at that exact colorway right now. Do you have any installed yet? Would you be able to post pictures?

• Justin Hassan
    2 years ago

@E H How did the install go? Any updates?

• Janelle Jenks
    2 years ago

We ordered the Augustine Willows Couture Tan from Muller Graff and it was totally wrong...TWICE!!! Don't do it if you are considering their floor. Have a single box over nighted to make sure the color is correct atleast. This completely messed up our timing and we had to cancel our entire remodel and have to start over

• Candri Brizu
    2 years ago

So sorry to hear. What a nightmare and I went through something very similar. What they sent is much warmer than the sample, right? Did they admit to sending the wrong thing? Or is it possible the sample is wrong?

• E H
    2 years ago

I agree with Janelle; order a box first to see if it's what you want. Best case, you like it and can order one less box later; worst case, you've wasted a bit of money but can go find something you actually like.

This is Belle Ponds Oak Fosse. The sample board has one board with a slight crack, and mostly lighter boards with a white undertone. Actual flooring has a more yellow undertone, several darker boards, and a LOT more large cracks and knots than expected. It feels like my floor is covered in vines.

Flooring sales person says it's the same floor, and that the sample boards are just that .. samples. There are some parts of the floor that match the sample board, but it's only around 25% of the time. I feel extremely misled with the appearance of the board, but there's not much I can do at this point.

• Janelle Jenks
    2 years ago

Candri, luckily the flooring store we chose was amazing! They agreed with us 100% and were so helpful in getting in contact with the distributor right away. Muller Graff however wad useless. They told the owner of the store that the new box they were sending matched their sample. When in fact it was TOTALLY different and the same as the first shipment . They clearly do not understand color and how it affects design. But we are reselecting tomorrow from another flooring line.

• Nicole Henninger
    2 years ago

Those that have had the Belle Ponds Fosse for a few months + are you happy with it? We are in need of flooring ASAP and so many brands are back ordered or out of stock but we can get 1700 sqft of this flooring. We love the look but hesitate since there aren’t a lot of reviews or experience with this product. Would love any feedback, thanks!

• rvandenburgh
    2 years ago

This thread is super helpful. I just picked up the couture tan sample and that picture is not at all what I would have expected either

• Karen Mettler
    2 years ago

Thank you so much everyone. I picked out the Fosse yesterday and before ordering it I decided to see if anyone has an experience. I am so glad You all
    Shared. I’m NOT buying these!!!

• Joshua L
    last year

Hi All. We are thinking of installing Muller Graff Fort de France in Elise color. Curious if anyone has chosen this line/color or at least the Fort de France line. If so, can you share some photos? We would love to see what it looks like in a larger room.

And for anyone who has chosen Muller Graff in general… have you been happy with the quality?

Thanks!

• Janelle Jenks
    last year

Joshua, I would pick a more reputable company to go with! We all had similar experiences where the floor was not what we wanted or expected based on the samples. There are so many out there that have been around longer, are similar priced, and their samples match the finished product. Do not waste your money and time with Mueller Graff, it will completely derail your project.

• PRO
    LumberJack Direct
    last year

They’re awesome

• Joan Beaupre
    last year

We are in process of installing Muller Graff Fort de France Jean flooring. I think it looks beautiful! There’s variation in size of planks in a box Long 7ft medium 4ft and 3 ft small. I ended up ordering more because they laid mostly long planks. I love the Jean color. Has a raw unfinished look and feel. I’m wondering if this flooring needs to be sealed?

• Joan Beaupre
    last year

Fort de France line Jean color

• PRO
    snwberries
    last year

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and pictures, good or bad. We are also trying to find more information on the Muller Graff flooring. This thread helps us decide that we will not go with them.

• kerryevdo
    last year

I think it matters which line you choose. I am going with the Lyon Hills Ballamy, which has a 3.2mm wear layer, which was the deciding factor for me. I also stalked (haha) a couple people on instagram who had them installed. They all had good experiences.

• utahmanami
    last year

I currently have a box of the Muller Graff Fort de France Noelle sampled out on my floor. My biggest concern from seeing a sample board in the store, was the filling the manufacturer uses on knots and imperfections. The Noelle is one of the most raw and light-colored finishes of the Fort de France line that I saw, and the filler is a synthetic, gray looking material. I didn't like it at all in the store, but now that I have an entire box laid out at home, I think the wood looks very nice and I'm not bothered by the filler at all. The boards appear to be well engineered and for the price point, it seems like this product offers a lot of value for European oak. Think I'm going to go with it!

• Jeanie2X
    last year

Hi there. i an having my muller graff fort de france ”Elise” floor installed this week. I was sble yo purchase it without hesitation because our local hardwood floor store has an excellent reccomendation (awesome). Owner said he stands behind every profuct he installs 100%. In business 30 yrs and not one bad review. If he sells must be good. I will post pics and nention his name after job completed. By the way, theres nobody who does more research than me lol

jeanie in az

• kerryevdo
    last year

One thing to make note of on this floor line, is some come with an oil finish. You might want to double check which one it has. Also, the Fort de France line is only 2.5mm wear layerr and most likely will not be able to refinsh them if something happens down the line. Lyon Hill is 3.5mm wear layer. They are very pretty floors and I would use them in a heart beat if they had a thinker wear layer.

• Candri Brizu
    last year

How do you feel about oil finish? Good or bad? Seems to be a more unusual finish but not sure if that makes it bad....

• mcgrathlori
    last year

This is the Elise color and we like ti but we are having a problem. After install there is grime and marks/glue residue on the floor and the company can’t seem to get it permenatly cleaned. they’ve cleaned it twice and both times about 24 hours later…all the marks re-appeared! Ugh…anyone ever had this problem…might you recommend a solution? Thank you!

• HU-609302583
    8 months ago

Has anyone installed fort de France Claire? The Jean color looks like the Claire color in person-hoping Joan can confirm it is Jean and not Claire- here are pics of both!

• HU-609302583
    8 months ago

Here are samples for reference

• HU-609302583
    8 months ago

• HU-187251772
    8 months ago

i did install Jean and I love the color. it has less yellow and more gray undertone. exactly what i was looking for.

• Jennifer Rodriguez
    8 months ago

Muller Graff Noyer Highlands Herringbone/St Clair.

• Ivy
    6 months ago

With the noyer highlands st Clair, did you also use the straight boards (fort de France)? They’re telling me it matches Fort de France Genevieve and want to confirm!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.