angelinakohli

tall high celings in an upper ground flat conversion

angelinakohli
4 years ago

we are renovating the flat and whilst we love the tall high celingsā€¦.it is a bit of problem of how to make the best use of them expecially in the bedrooms.... any ideas?

Comments (6)

• minnie101
    4 years ago

Do you mean using the height for storage or just generally how to furnish the room?

If the latter, victorian wardrobes can be good as they're typically taller than modern furniture which can look a bit lost with the height (or go bespoke). Four poster beds can help as can large pendant lights

angelinakohli thanked minnie101
  • angelinakohli
    Original Author
    4 years ago

thank you Minnie: it was how to use the wall spaces for storage etc,,,,,, as they are bedrooms and not the main sitting area, I was looking for some suggestions ā€¦.but I thank you for your response...my first foray into the houzz advice pages!!

• E D
    4 years ago

Itā€™s great to have high ceilings, it always adds to a sense of space and class.

I couldnā€™t suppress a chuckle though at arc3ā€™s remark. šŸ¤£

Angelina, it is just a bit of harmless fun, Houzzers-style. šŸ˜Š

• angelinakohli
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I am beginning to understand ...I agree though, the sense of space and grandness is definitely one of the qualities we went for when we took the apartment.... thank you.

• minnie101
    4 years ago

Maybe you can upload some pictures then although storage is very personal. I don't know if you need general storage for linen, towels, suitcases etc but if it's just clothes (and it's boring) but you need to work out exactly how much storage you need for long clothes, bags, shoes, folded items etc etc. Assuming you're working and likely to stay in the same industry it doesn't tend to vary that much from one year to the next (ignoring the current situation where everyone wants comfy clothes!). You should also be able to make use of double hanging rails with the ceiling height

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ā€˜Acceptā€™ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ā€˜Manage Preferencesā€™.