drwolfva

SPC versus CoreTec Flooring Choices

drwolfva
4 years ago

We are remodeling our Kitchen and family room. We are getting quotes from three different vendors. We are trying to make a decision between SPC and CoreTec flooring. Both seem to have similar advantages except that SPC seems significantly cheaper. We are looking for an independent viewpoint on which is better for a single flooring option that goes between the kitchen and family room. While I like cheaper, I want to buy the best product and I am willing to pay more. We have 2 cats, 2 dogs, a teenager and a five year old. These are high traffic areas. Looking for some independent advice to decide on the best flooring option. HELP!!!

Comments (2)

• SJ McCarthy
    4 years ago

SPC is a form of vinyl. It is not a brand name. Please list the LINKS you have for the products you are looking at.

And when it comes to vinyl, thickness is THE KEY! CoreTec (original) can receive 3mm cork underlayment for cushion and acoustics. CoreTec Plus (etc) come with a built-in cork underlayment that do the same thing.

Cheap SPC will be thin(ner) than CoreTec and will not have the cork underlayment.

• PRO
    WeShipFloors
    4 years ago

Thickness is irrelevant when comparing WPC (Cortec) to SPC. They are two totally different products constructed via two totally different processes. WPC has a blown core with tiny bubbles throughout (think Styrofoam). The bubbles add to the thickness, but they sacrifice strength.

High quality SPC outperforms WPC on every single point of durability.

Alan

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.