mrs_chinwe

Help! Awkward shaped sitting room

Asa Prof
4 years ago

I am hoping you design conscious beautiful people of houzz will help with my living room. The room is awkwardly shaped and looking for inspiration to make it work for both me and my husband and the kids.
The room is fairly big but only has one unobstructed wall but has a pathway in front of it to the archway of the dining area. The other wall has fire place in the middle, the other was a bay window area and the last wall is the arch for the dining room.
At the moment I have 1 couch and a cuddle chair almost blocking the arch. The images below show what it is like at the moment.

Am thinking of having a corner sofa where the big sofa is now. Then do away with the big cuddle sofa near the arch. I then plan to move the tv to the left side of the fire place. Add a window seat to the window with storage for kids toys , put colourful round rug by the right side of the fireplace with a child's arm chair, sort of making that side a kids area.

Is what am planning ok? Wouldn't want to spend money doing it and find out am worse than I started in making the room stylish.
Any advice is appreciated

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.