matthewpav

Wireless Security System

matthewpav
4 years ago

Building a home. Still in framing stage. Looking for a really good wireless system. Any recommendations

Comments (7)

• Suzanne
    4 years ago

Simplisafe

• PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    4 years ago

Still pretty clunky and not welcome in my projects.

Related, the Nest system requires an extra hour or two to close some circuits and troubleshoot. OK for DIY.

• chispa
    4 years ago

I started using Ring when the break-ins increased in our relatively safe area. Ring is great to warn you of motion, but falls short on timing and continuity/duration of recordings.

I would still want a wired continuous recording camera in a few key locations.

• Suzanne
    4 years ago

Jeffery R Grenz - What do you think is clunky- DSC, Simplisafe or Nest

• PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    4 years ago

I use DSC with concealed contacts.

Double stick taping large square objects onto exterior doors and windows is clunky.

• Alex Hartnet
    3 years ago

I used to have Simplisafe but then it suddenly started to work with lots of errors, so I had to call them almost every week. I decided to change it to a more modern one. I chose the Ajax company. I truly recommend you to check what products they suggest. You can pick up what you need. For example, they have special devices for pets controlling. If you do not have any, you do not need them. This is a professional product, so for me, it's more reliable than DIY ones. Also, it does not need a wi-fi connection. I hope, it will help you.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.