hzdeleted_49787561

help with monstera

User
4 years ago

I have a young monstera that has been growing pretty well but I am not seeing black spots on the new leafs before unfurling. Makes it looks like the shoots have been burnt. Any idea what is causing it? I don’t see bugs around the plants and the full grown leaves are doing fine. Thanks a lot!

Comments (2)

• Alix W
    4 years ago

Hi, I’m not an expert, but it could be burn from direct sunlight (or harsh sunlight through a window) or could be because the air is too dry. Monstera’s are forest plants and grow up trees in their natural habitat so prefer a slightly diffuse rather than direct light. Also try misting to give them some humidity.

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you. I’ve been told that they need to have sun for the leaves to split but I’ll try moving them out of the sun

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.