julie_caughey89

Ugly duckling mid transformation

Julie C
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello! So we went with f&b All white - it looks good - we need to choose a colour to replace the brown - want to go with coastal contemporary- thinking plummet or lamp room gray or hardwick white or pigeon - are we on the right lines? Which do you prefer?

also should we go for a darker colour on the door? Garage door?

Thanks so much - I am rubbish at this!!

Comments (23)

• Dee Cee
    4 years ago

I love the colour you have on the top right sample. Either that or white :)

Julie C thanked Dee Cee
  • carocat24
    4 years ago

And definitely go stronger colour on the front door

• Maths Wife
    4 years ago

I like both of the stronger colours especially bottom right. I think the doors, garage etc should all match for continuity.

Julie C thanked Maths Wife
  • Carolina
    4 years ago

I think I recognise that house :-) Nice colour for the render part! Of the swatches, the top right seems to work with the brick. I like that one.

Julie C thanked Carolina
  • Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi Carolina - yes, I posted prrviously. I’m useless with Houzz and couldn’t find my previous post ☺️ - so this is the off white that we had talked about.

• Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

These photos are maybe better since the sun isn’t so strong

• rinked
    4 years ago

Hardwick (with some seablue/turquoise accents) or pigeon.

• PRO
    User
    4 years ago

We love the top right darker colour gives great contrast against the wood and immediately brings the exterior up to date.

Julie C thanked User
  • Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hmm I can’t seem to add photos in comments

• Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

• Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

• Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Okay so we have all white all over now and some grey primer on the brown bits. Starting to see how it could be....

• Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

What colour do you prefer now?

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago

I like the primer colour! I'd go for the one closest to that . Looking really good.

• Maths Wife
    4 years ago

I like the one far left, on my screen it looks like it has a slight green tinge.

• Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Mathswife the far left is pigeon. I think it has a green-ness too but on the farrow and ball faceboyok page they refer to it as blue grey

• Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Jules - my husband thinks the shade of primer lacks depth or warmth and is just a bit “flat” - does that make sense? I’m panicking because the painter will be doing it on Tuesday so I need to decide over the weekend and buy it on Monday

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago

Yes makes sense Julie. In that case I think the two with most depth are the ones on the left. Personally I'd go for the 2nd left. Although I usually like greenish tints, I think the far left looks a little sludgy. I liked the primer colour because it looked fresh and seasidey (??!)

• rinked
    4 years ago

There is some tan in your brick, any color to complement that? Not flat grey, but some brown in it? Still liking the Pigeon too.

• Sonia
    4 years ago

I think panelling, whether indoors or outdoors looks wonderful in green, so Pigeon for me, but I think all your samples are nice and will look good. If you go for grey, I think something a bit darker than your primer coat? Manor House Gray looks nice. Here’s some random choices I thought would look good! Bit of a mish mash I’m afraid.

French Gray and Manor House Gray

Inchyra Blue

Moles Breath

Julie C thanked Sonia
  • Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

It has really amazed me how different colours are when outside - so much lighter! And also the variation when in masonry or other paints too. This is still the undercoat - rain has stopped play!! - but what do you think for the top bit? White or grey?

• Julie C
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Having technical problems uploading the photos

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.