webuser_14151134

Front yard Privacy fence

Karen BB
5 years ago

We have a sitting area in the front of our home and need to add a privacy fence as our "lovely" neighbour puts his yard waste bins beside his house where we sit and won't move them 5'.

In the summer the sitiing are is surrounded by bushes. Also a BBQ goes in front of the window

Looking for ideas to fence in this area, perhaps 2 or 3 6' panels..thoughts?

Comments (9)

• najlaamundson
    5 years ago

Is the waste bin you have an issue with the green one I see?

Karen BB thanked najlaamundson
  • Jennifer Hogan
    5 years ago

I don't see the big deal if your only complaint is the green trash can beside your neighbors house.

If I really felt that I needed privacy from this neighbor I would continue the same fencing that currently separates the backyards forward to the front edge of the neighbors house.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

Privacy is often a concern with a front yard seating area....shielding the unslightly view of the neighbors' trash cans is just a bonus from any privacy screening.

Depending on where you are located, you can accomplish this with evergreen shrubs or a couple of well-placed privacy screen panels. Or a combination of both :-)

Landscape privacy screens

• Karen BB
    Original Author
    5 years ago

This is the start in the summer there are 3 or 4 unsightly waste bins...

• najlaamundson
    5 years ago

I like those privacy screens above. I understand why you would feel so frustrated by unsightly garbage so close to where you relax. What would you think of either a metal screen or perhaps a pergola that can accentuate the front of your house? It could provide a nice natural screen (once you have plants blooming on and around it).

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    5 years ago

Like gardengal said, a strategically placed shrub(s) or screen would do the trick. Reconfigure your bed such that the back of the bed (as you would view it from the patio) is at the property line. Shrub or screen could be at back of the bed. You could access your yard in path that traverse the bed or are made in front of it.

• partim
    5 years ago

I would find that area a bit too open for sitting. How about a two sided free standing pergola structure - you could make the area beside your neighbor a bit more closed than the part that faces the front area. Each side could be as high or low as you feel you need to block the views you don't want, but still provide a view to your landscaping. Then add just a bit of something over the top for a feeling of enclosure.

• PRO
    Дизаин
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Yes, ideas on how to improve your backyard and the yard can be made so that your neighbor will not bother you even. You can put a small fence from a neighbor and decorate it. As well as some other little things in the yard. If you are interested in walking https://landscaping.center

• Lil S
    5 years ago

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.