vjoseph

Templating of a zero radius sink

wilson853
6 years ago

Our fabricator wants to use a 1/4" radius on our zero radius sink rather than using the template that was provided with the sink. This sink has two internal ledges for accessories. He says that using the template radius will cause stress in the corners and possible cracks. We are using quartzite for our countertops. Anybody else run into this issue? If you have photos, I would love to see them.

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Mary Porzelt of Boston Kitchen Designs
    6 years ago

I have seen two quartz countertops with a stress crack because the radius was too tight. In both instances it was in a corner-not on the sink.

wilson853 thanked Mary Porzelt of Boston Kitchen Designs
  • Chessie
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I think he is correct, for corners in general- not sure about sinks. Joe would be the one I would ask.

wilson853 thanked Chessie
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I'd put a small radius in the corners. It will look fine. Much better than a repaired crack.

How lucky do you feel?

wilson853 thanked Joseph Corlett, LLC
  • wilson853
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks all for your feedback. Quite frankly Joe, I haven't felt very lucky at all through this whole project. It has been one screw up after another.

Since they will do no less than 1/4" radius, we are doing a positive reveal on the sink flange - just back far enough to clear the sink corner so the counter isn't hanging into the sink. I hope it ends up looking OK.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

It will be fine.

wilson853 thanked Joseph Corlett, LLC
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.