ranjeetc

Can you provide the exact Penofin stain that was used on the deck?

Penofin Deck Stain · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    DecksDirect
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

It's Penofin hardwood Oil on IPE. What type of wood do you have? The finished color can vary depending on your specific wood. You could try getting a few samples in order to get the desired finished product. Penofin Samples

I hope this helps!

• Ranjeet Chakraborty
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The wood on our deck is atleast more than 10 years old and its made with 2X6 redwood bought from homedepot. We managed to sand and strip it and now racking our brains trying to pick the right stain for it. So many choices from Penofin. There is Penofin hardwood Oil as you mentioned, then there is Penofin TMF and TSF and the penatrating oil finish. The documentation is a bit vague. We just want the wood to have semi transparent like look, so we can see some wood grain, not a whole lot but at the same time not compromise on durability.

• Ranjeet Chakraborty
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Appreciate the quick response.

• PRO
    DecksDirect
    6 years ago

Penofin Redwood All Hearts formula may be a good choice. It's specifically designed to enhance the look of redwood. Penofin Hardwood Formula in Transparent Natural is a good choice if you are looking to give the wood some protection without much change in color. We have samples of both of these products so you can try them first.

Ranjeet Chakraborty thanked DecksDirect
  • Ranjeet Chakraborty
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Ahh that's great to know, thanks for your help. I posted the question with pictures of our deck here https://www.houzz.com/discussions/deck-stain-advice-needed-dsvw-vd~4902119 and you will get an idea on the current state of the wood

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.