doyle_katie

Handmade cement bejmat tiles not sealed or impregnated & chipping

Katie
7 years ago

Hi guys,

I need some help. I bought handmade cement bejmat Moroccan tiles for both bathroom and kitchen walls. They were installed the other day and grouted however the tiler forgot to impregnate them or seal them. Some of them have also chipped meaning water can get on the cement part of these chipped tiles.

Can I seal and impregnate these tiles now that they are already installed? And have you any idea on how I'd prevent more chipping? And repair the ones that are chipped already? My main concern on the chipping is that water will get in and start to erode other tiles etc and who knows where they problem will stop tbh. Plus they don't look as they should too so it's not as aesthetically pleasing unfortunately.

Here's a photo of one of the walls where you will see the small chips in some of them!

Thank you in advance,

Katie :)

Comment

Ireland
    Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.