susansboots

Bathroom splashback

susansboots
7 years ago
Was looking at putting Perspex as a splashback behind the sink. I've chosen the same for the kitchen. Would anyone recommend it? Don't like tiles!

Comments (5)

• PRO
    User
    7 years ago

I've used glass in one of my properties, looks fabulous, had it both in the bathroom and kitchen, So practical and easy to clean, would always choose over tiles for that reason in those areas. you go for it!

• PRO
    MBH Carpentry and Joinery Ltd.
    7 years ago
    I would go for glass over Perspex as glass is easier to clean, you can paint the wall behind any colour and will look much better in my mind.
    susansboots thanked MBH Carpentry and Joinery Ltd.
  • PRO
    Nathan Kingsbury Limited
    7 years ago
    Hi Susan

I'd recommend using a spray painted glass, you can use it to add colour or to create a sharp seamless finish as I have done in the kitchen below. The only point I would make about Perspex is that it may scratch more easily than glass would.

I hope this helps.
    susansboots thanked Nathan Kingsbury Limited
  • PRO
    Go Glass Design Ltd
    7 years ago

I would recommend a glass splashback but would make sure you use an easy clean eco glass coating so that the water doesn't stain

susansboots thanked Go Glass Design Ltd
  • susansboots
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you so much. Will definitely look into it!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.