dgranara

Shiplap pics - for Zeitgast

dgranara
10 years ago

Here are some pics of our vertical and horizontal shiplap in our "in progress" renovation. The horizontal shiplap is in our kitchen and the vertical in our little sitting room directly off the kitchen. I don't have a specific reason as to why we decided to go with the two different directions, but I am glad we did and so far I really like both.

Comments (6)

• daisychain01
    10 years ago

I know these are meant for someone else, but they are so gorgeous they have inspired me. We have old fake wood panelling on our cottage walls and have spent years talking about how to deal with them. I have clipped your post and and am hoping I can convince the other cottage shareholders that this is what we should do. Adorable! Please keep posting progress pics.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Danielle, where did you get your shiplap?

• dgranara
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marti, we got the v-notch shiplap at Home Depot (used on the walls) and squared shiplap at Lowes (which we stained and used on the ceilings). I know that sounds like a LOT of shiplap. I hope we didn't over do it, but I'm liking the look thus far.

Thank you, Daisy. I am at my wits end waiting for this kitchen to be done. But, I'm happy with what's been finished so far. When I got home from work yesterday, most of the backsplash was in. It's nice to come home to visible progress!

• Sms
    10 years ago

Thanks danielleg!! That looks really nice-- love the way the chair rail ties into the trim. Really works for your space. You've got me thinking about how we can mix things up. Good luck with your rennovation!!

• PRO
    the cottage
    7 years ago

Hello! I know this is an older post but we are in the middle of a huge remodel and I absolutely love everything you have done here right down to the color! If your still active and can see me post would you please be willing to share where to find the trim style you used and the shiplap? I noticed that you said it was from HD but I can't seem to find it. Thanks so much!!!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.