rennie_schafer

Does anyone know of a washer dryer that is less than 45cm deep?

Rennie Schafer
9 days ago

I am replacing my washer dryer, but the one I have is only 40cm deep and all the new ones seem to be 50cm or more. Has anyone recently bought a washer dryer with a depth of no more than 45cm?

Comments (9)

• rinked
    9 days ago

I never had a tumble dryer

• Isla Cherry
    9 days ago

This is quite a good website. I'm afraid you will have to all the research as I don't know offhand.

https://ao.com/help-and-advice/guides-and-advice/measurement-guides/washing-machine-and-washer-dryer. I would also try the John Lewis website, they might have one.

• Rennie Schafer
    Original Author
    9 days ago

Thanks, but I have tried AO and John Lewis and they do not have any the size I need

• Rennie Schafer
    Original Author
    8 days ago
    last modified: 8 days ago

I have tried all the major stores, AO, Appliances Direct, Howdens etc. I am replacing an existing integrated 6kg unit that is only 40cm deep. (Hotpoint) The max space I have to allow for pipes at back would fit a 45cm deep unit . Seems no-one makes these smaller ones any more. They are all 7+kg and 50cm+ deep.

• Isla Cherry
    8 days ago

The problem is reduced width (slimline) results in the same depth or even deeper. I think you will either have to bite the bullet and have it protruding into the space if you do not wish to change the location. One other option is to call some of the manufacturers but it's a lot of washed time and effort if they do not have what you require. Is there any option to move the plumbing further along to create more space at the rear for the new standard depth? Speak to a decent plumber and see if anything could be changed to accomodate the deeper model. Painful, I know.....

• Sonia
    8 days ago

I found this one on EBay which seems to be 42cm deep. There may be other retailers. Here’s the details

• Sonia
    8 days ago

It is just a washer, not a washer dryer.

Rennie Schafer thanked Sonia
  • Rennie Schafer
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Thanks Sonia. I had seen that but was hoping for a washer dryer, may need to settle for this. Appreciate your help.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.