ijays

HB Engineered Wood Floor: V4 or Furlong

iJay
22 days ago

Which one has a better quality and finished look on HB pattern?

Thanks all.

Comments (5)

• Isla Cherry
    21 days ago

I hadn't heard of either but just looked them up online. I prefer V4 as it looks more modern. Also consider how easy the company is to deal with in the event of a problem and who looks more professional? HB pattern in what material? Oak? There are many factors to consider including installation, price, lead times, maintenance etc. The appearance is only a part of it.

• iJay
    Original Author
    21 days ago

We are considering HB on Oak. V4 has CD grade wood while Furlong has ABCD grade wood. Thanks for the input.

• Isla Cherry
    21 days ago

Sounds as though Furlong has more choice in wood grades. It also depends on who is better value all round? Compare the delivery costs and the length of warranties and what exclusions there are? If they both provided a very similar product what would persuade you to buy from one instead of the other?

• iJay
    Original Author
    21 days ago

Furlong has a better grade of wood so might go with them. The price and wood options are similar. We will have this professionally installed so price is not a big issue.

• PRO
    Woodfloors4u
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

Both companies are well established and we know people who work for both.

For engineered wood products the following should be considered:

1. Grading of the Wood

2. Total Thickness + Oak top layer

3. Width

4. Length

5. Quality and reviews

And course PRICE!

At Woodfloors4u we have been around for about 18 years now originally opening in Walthamstow, stocking finished and unfinished wood flooring products.

We stock Plank up to 300mm wide as standard, Parquets & Chevrons. We are very well known for our Versailles panels & Geometric floors, many of our competitors do not stock these types of high-end floors especially at our prices.

I can certainly say we are also comparable to V4 & Furlongs. We are known as architects'/designers' black book contact, mainly due to RRP prices being 20-30% cheaper but also our service as we keep so much stock on the floor in the UK.

We also have a dedicated mill in the UK for bespoke orders manufactured within 14 - 21 day working days.

If you would like a quote or to discuss your project, please contact our sales team on 020 8500 1940 or visit our website www.woodfloors4u.co.uk.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.