webuser_613100683

Renovation newbies - send help!

Charlotte
last month

Hi all,

So myself and my partner have just been accepted on a new house and its abit of a fixer upper.

It comes with the added bonus of a brick outbuilding which has been connected to the house via a mini conservatory (i am fully aware that wont be the formal term, its just too early in the morning for my brain 😂)

It has plumbing for the downstairs toilet but no electric as far as we could see.

My dream is to brick the entire area so it is fully connected to the house and turn it into a utility room and downstairs toilet with extra storage in the larder area shown above the toilet. Has anyone done something similar? Any tips? lessons learnt?

yellow - brick up (think the righthand side is already partially bricked)

green - weird little sun room - knock it down

red - new walls. Will be removing window in kitchen diner to replace with french doors.

The roof is leaking in the coal room so first job after moving in is to replace the roof and then assess costs to renovate it (depending on whether we can afford to do it immediately or whether we need to save for a year or so). Providing it is water tight, it can remain as is for however long it takes us to save and just be used as storage.

I’m asking on here with photos and floor plan as seem to really be struggling to find anything online for ’outbuildings’, etc. Maybe im just not aware of the correct term.

As may already be evident, i am a novice in the renovation area so looking for any advice of guidance from the people in the know.

Included floor plan, ideal layout, photos of ’conservatory’ and what i assume was a coal shed/room.

thanks in advance guys,

looking forward to our doer upper journey.

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.