e_morgan1

Outdated but original fireplace

Lizzie J
last year
last modified: last year

Any suggestions welcome on painting, sanding, anythng at all to the actual fireplace. Its an original feature of our house which was built in 1911. Which my husband says has to stay! the tiles and old gas fire have to go. Ideas for tiles and what to put instead of the gas fire.

Lizzie 123 · More Info

Hubby and I agreed to take out original fireplace and send it to a highly recommended wood restorer to do his magic ( well it turns out its solid mahogany and walnut! ) so has to stay really. He has promised it will all be a uniform colour when work completed. Which it is not at the moment. So onto the tiles, the room is neutral so nothing too bold, same tileson the inside of the fire, then different on the front aspect and what about a hearth yes or no? And what style of tile? Grateful for any suggestions Houzzers

Comments (16)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.