14 Posts
theotherjaye started a discussion
Covered patio enclosure - Having lived in our new house for a year now, we are realizing we really should have screened the back patio - we have cats, and it would be... Read More
    1 Comment
theotherjaye started a discussion
Convection/steam oven - Ours is Thermador. So far, I’ve made roasted brocolinni (spectacular @ 425 steam/convection for ~9 minutes), hardboiled many eggs, reheated ... Read More
    1 Comment
theotherjaye started a discussion
Dressing area in closet - I have always wanted a dressing area - full length and makeup mirrors, table w/drawers, chair, clothes and shoes at hand. I had the builder ... Read More
    11 Comments
theotherjaye started a discussion
Felt ball rugs? - Like this: rug Anyone have any experience with these? I’m thinking of one in front of the bench in our back hall where we’ll take off our sh... Read More
    5 Comments
theotherjaye started a discussion
Design Within Reach Fullfillment F$%^ery - W(a)TF, Design Within Reach? In February, I ordered three counter height stools from DWR. They were backordered. In May, they finally arriv... Read More
    4 Comments
theotherjaye started a discussion
Plugmold with under-cabinet lighting - Unless i’ve mis-understood him, our electrician thinks the only way we can have both plugmold and undercabinet lighting is to order the stuf... Read More
    7 Comments
theotherjaye started a discussion
4” or 6” can lights - We have our electrical walkthrough coming up, and have no idea if we want 4” or 6” lights. The 6” lights in our current rental look like cei... Read More
    6 Comments
theotherjaye started a discussion
Install ledger stone tile vertically? - We are thinking of using this tile on our fireplace wall (whole wall protrudes 6” into the room.) My husband absolutely loves it, and I like... Read More
    12 Comments
theotherjaye started a discussion
Blue upper cabinets too weird? - In the kitchen of our new house, I am planning to do the kitchen in blue and white. Wherever I see this combination, the lowers are almost a... Read More
    33 Comments
theotherjaye started a discussion
What size fixture over DR table? - Our dining room table is 3.5’ x6’ (9’ fully extended) We are using this fixture. Do we need the large or the extra large? I’m afraid the ext... Read More
    5 Comments
Show More Events...