webuser_42654317

Help with floorplan please!

Reb P
3 months ago

We are hoping to extend our kitchen diner to create a kitchen dining living space BUT having got the plans from our architect, I am worried we can’t get what we need by extending:

1. We lose kitchen units/ cupboards and effectively end up with 3 living spaces
  2. I don’t think we can fit a table in

Attached are the plans from the architect (photo A). I’ve marked our existing kitchen in blue for reference, but it would move to the new extension to be close the utility and get more natural light from skylights.

Photo B is my markup, losing the units (which should house the fridge and seem disconnected from the kitchen) to make more space for a table and pushing back into the utility to gain some extra kitchen space. The utility would then push back into the study and C is a cupboard in the study….

Any suggestions/ feedback would be super helpful.

Comments (18)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.