11 Posts
zagyzebra started a discussion
What kind of tree is this? How do I prune it? - This used to be a beautiful spring pink flowering tree. But now it looks like it's almost dead and I haven't seen it flower in years. I'm no... Read More
    10 Comments
zagyzebra started a discussion
How to post a photo? - This used to be a beautiful spring pink flowering tree. But now it looks like it's almost dead and I haven't seen it flower in years. I'm no... Read More
    1 Comment
zagyzebra started a discussion
Is bougainvillea in an oak tree safe? - I love the fact that I have this grand who-knows-how-many-years-old oak on my property. I also love the fact that here in SoCal, when most ... Read More
1 Like    2 Comments
zagyzebra started a discussion
Buy already prepared topiary cone or shape myself? - Suzi AKA Desert Dance put the idea of topiaries into my head to accent my landscaping, which was a stroke of brilliance on her part. Now I'... Read More
    12 Comments
zagyzebra started a discussion
Plant suggestions to replace this Sego? - I really like the look of Sego palms -- they're so sculptural. But I have come to the realization that they just don't fit in with the arch... Read More
    17 Comments
zagyzebra started a discussion
Sego palms and dogs. Are they worth the risk? - I have a lovely and well established Sego palm growing in a pot. I was planning on planting it in my garden. In fact, it's so pretty, I wa... Read More
    17 Comments
zagyzebra started a discussion
Landscaping planks - We have some beautiful old wood laying around that we wanted to use for walking planks in the dirt area around our outdoor fire pit. We wil... Read More
    3 Comments
zagyzebra started a discussion
New Electroluxe refrigerator fan is always on - I have a new French door, bottom freezer Electroluxe. The fan almost constantly runs. I am told by Electroluxe that in the newer energy eff... Read More
    9 Comments
zagyzebra started a discussion
What hanging succulents would you put in these planters? - If you had these three large planters mounted on a wall (pictured on the left), what succulents would you plant? The 3 planters measure ro... Read More
    2 Comments
zagyzebra started a discussion
Pool landscaping: a question of symmetry - The coping (a sandy colored Utah stone) for my swimming pool will be installed this week. It's time for me to seriously think about landsca... Read More
    9 Comments
Show More Events...