70 Posts
vickima started a discussion
What kind of grass in Southern NH Lawn - See the pics below. I was going to overseed this area of lawn this fall because of thin grass. This thick -bladed, light green grass has tak... Read More
    9 Comments
vickima started a discussion
Loads of tiny white spots on leaves - Could this be leaf hoppers? I don't see any bugs at all, and these have all just appeared in the last few days on all my tomato plants. If i... Read More
    6 Comments
vickima started a discussion
What's wrong with this squash? - I guess it's a goner now. I just can't figure out why it went downhill. It is costata romanesco which I started myself and have grown every ... Read More
    19 Comments
vickima started a discussion
How to Amend This Soil for Blueberries - Here is a Logan Labs soil report for my blueberry bed in north central MA. I have 6 plants, all about 5-6 years old in 150sf bed. I'm not ve... Read More
    11 Comments
vickima started a discussion
How should I prune this Stewartstonian Azalea - I've had this plant for about 3 years. It has survived but barely, so about a month ago I moved it to a spot where I thought i might be happ... Read More
    4 Comments
vickima started a discussion
Low maintenance pink rose suggestion? - In my gardens now I have two red knockouts and an Autumn Sunset climber. I have a spot in a bed between two lavender bushes that I'd like to... Read More
    31 Comments
vickima started a discussion
Should I plant during a heat wave? - I bought seedlings last weekend. First there were forecasts of very cold overnight temps, so I thought "I'll wait." Then there wer... Read More
    7 Comments
vickima started a discussion
Sick leaves on sunflowers - This is my first time growing sunflowers and the leaves are in poor shape. It looks like something more than water stress to me. They are on... Read More
    3 Comments
vickima started a discussion
Sick young tomato plant (pic) - I grew this seedling myself and it looked pretty good when I planted it out around Memorial Day. But it has hardly grown since and looks ver... Read More
    9 Comments
vickima started a discussion
Black areas on backs of leaves (pic) - What would cause these black spots? The closest I could find online is bacterial spot, but it doesn't look quite like that to me. We had a h... Read More
    7 Comments
Show More Events...