20 Posts
ttla started a discussion
Marble darkening when wet - Is that normal on Calacatta Gold? We just moved back in and I'm afraid to cook just yet and leave stains! Fabricator says it's sealed with 5... Read More
    2 Comments
ttla started a discussion
owners of white-painted custom cabinets - I need your expertise! What is the best type of paint for the cabinets? I'm picking colors now for our soft maple custom cabinets, and was d... Read More
    13 Comments
ttla started a discussion
cabinet snafu -- help! - Our cabinets are being made by a local cabinetmaker. The boxes were placed yesterday, and while almost everything looks great so far, there ... Read More
    5 Comments
ttla started a discussion
help with trash pullout - I have 48" of base cabinet space to the left of my sink, 24" of which will be the dishwasher. This leaves 24" of space to wor... Read More
    10 Comments
ttla started a discussion
MDF or solid wood cabinet faces - I'm having painted shaker style cabinets built by a local cabinet guy. He strongly suggests using MDF for the center panel on door and drawe... Read More
    4 Comments
ttla started a discussion
How involved were you in planning cabinets? - Just curious... Did you do some research, pick a good cabinet maker and then let them guide you? Or did you direct the design process down t... Read More
    22 Comments
ttla started a discussion
Clawfoot tub faucets - For a double-ended clawfoot, what are the pros/cons of a centered freestanding faucet vs. a deckmount. I will not be adding a shower, so it'... Read More
    3 Comments
ttla started a discussion
price range of custom cabinet bids - I would love to know what you've all received for bids for custom lines. How big is your kitchen, and who were the cabinet sources? There's... Read More
    3 Comments
ttla started a discussion
L-shaped banquette - I met with a potential cabinet guy today and he hated my plans for an L-shaped banquette / breakfast nook at one end of my kitchen. He said ... Read More
    2 Comments
ttla started a discussion
Cabinet Pantry - I'm thinking about my cabinet layout. I have about 36" width next to my fridge that will be dedicated pantry area. I will be hiding my ... Read More
    2 Comments
Show More Events...