28 Posts
peps_22 started a discussion
question on soil temps - My concern in the raised bed last year was that it stayed too damp all summer. This year I added more peat and perlite, which so far seems t... Read More
    1 Comment
peps_22 started a discussion
Give up planting peppers in-ground? - My garden conditions are far from perfect. I get 6 hours of sun, tops. The raised bed soil mix I used from miracle-gro drained very poorly d... Read More
1 Like    24 Comments
peps_22 started a discussion
Ready to give up on peppers in-ground... - My garden conditions are far from perfect. I get 6 hours of sun, tops. The raised bed soil mix I used from miracle-gro drained very poorly d... Read More
    6 Comments
peps_22 started a discussion
Year old dehydrated habs... - Are these still safe to eat? Put them thru the dehydrator in October 2016, stored in plastic baggies in a dark cabinet.... Lousy crop this y... Read More
    2 Comments
peps_22 started a discussion
late season bloom boost - I have a bunch of jalapenos and cayenne in the raised beds, using the miracle-gro raised bed mix. The mix was a disappointment in that the d... Read More
    4 Comments
peps_22 started a discussion
Too much moisture in raised beds? - We have had a lot of rain this June. I dip my hand down 6-7" and it has been consistently damp. The habs dont seem to be developing qui... Read More
    6 Comments
peps_22 started a discussion
Raised bed mix - something simple? - Hi all, I'm going the raised bed route this year after disappointing in-ground results last year. The bed is 14 ' x 4' x 8 " = 37.3 cub... Read More
    4 Comments
peps_22 started a discussion
Drying / Dehydrating Peppers possibly exposed to frost - I just picked about 75 cayenne from my potted plants just now. We had a frost last night, I kept them in my shed, but I have no way of knowi... Read More
    2 Comments
peps_22 started a discussion
Preserving Chili Powder - Just had a successful batch of hab powder made. How long will it last. Any botchulism worries in this stuff?
    5 Comments
peps_22 started a discussion
Poblano Fruit Size - This is my first summer growing them, and its been interesting. The plant is HUGE - almost 7 feet tall, and it took all summer to set fruit,... Read More
    13 Comments
Show More Events...