18 Posts
Pat Chiappa started a discussion
shower soap/shampoo nooks - I'm using a 12 x 24 tile laid vertically, wondering if we should build a nook using a bullnose or go with those corner ones you attach to th... Read More
    1 Comment
Pat Chiappa started a discussion
Wood floors for a shower floor? - I've been looking at pictures and seeing lots of shower floors done with wood. How do they hold up and are they a good idea? Do they go on t... Read More
    3 Comments
Pat Chiappa started a discussion
Question about a fiberlass shower base/pan - I've gone back and forth about the cost differential with a white fiberglass shower pan and having a swanstone one made. I'm tiling the rest... Read More
    1 Comment
Pat Chiappa started a discussion
    Comment
Pat Chiappa started a discussion
is a large picture window appropriate for a bedroom in a development? - I'm thinking of 2 18"w x 42"h casements and a 36" x 36" fixed center for a bedroom - but since I'm in a development and will need privacy at... Read More
    20 Comments
Pat Chiappa started a discussion
is there a window 'formula' ie:window size relative to room size? - sure I want light and views, but some of the windows I'm choosing, such as 6' x 3'6" (triple casements) seem too big for a 13' x 12' bedroom... Read More
    4 Comments
Pat Chiappa started a discussion
I'm Stumped. Which style window would look best on my brand new house? - My house will be located 1/2 mile from the ocean on the Mendocino coast in a subdivision. I did have restrictions on house design etc.but no... Read More
    8 Comments
Pat Chiappa started a discussion
I need help designing my large master bath - on the floorplans - the storage closet seemed a waste of space and the perfect spot for the toilet. I wanted to be sure I had enough room fo... Read More
    4 Comments
Pat Chiappa started a discussion
powder room across from bath? overkill? - Is it crazy to consider putting a powder room across from a bathroom? I have an extra closet in a hallway across the hall - I could keep th... Read More
    8 Comments
Pat Chiappa started a discussion
sliding patio doors - I'm stuck on size - I have a 32 ft deck outside a bedroom and living room (side by side) I wanted to have sliding glass doors leading to the deck from both roo... Read More
    10 Comments
Show More Events...