8 Posts
overhear started a discussion
Are there solar shades that look like traditional roller shades? - I want to install solar shades on some of our windows that get baking sun in the summer. We have a historic house, so I'd like to get as clo... Read More
    13 Comments
overhear started a discussion
Which Storm Window brands are still available in 2023? - I still need to purchase 22 storm windows for my 1880s house. Unfortunately, over the past few years, some of the most highly recommended st... Read More
    53 Comments
overhear started a discussion
Best ivy cultivar -- how to start it climbing and keep it tidy - I just replaced my ivy-covered fence so now I'm starting with a blank slate after years of struggling with the scraggly, ancient ivy on my o... Read More
    5 Comments
overhear started a discussion
Any recs for triple-track storm windows for historic house? - We restored the original wood windows on our 1880's house a few years ago and would now like to replace some of the old exterior triple-trac... Read More
    38 Comments
overhear started a discussion
Will this chenille hold up on my sofa? - I'm trying to decide between 2 fabrics for my living room sofa -- a chenille and a velvet. I prefer the chenille because it's super-soft, wh... Read More
    6 Comments
overhear started a discussion
Will this chenille hold up on my sofa? - I'm trying to decide between 2 fabrics for my living room sofa -- a chenille and a velvet. I prefer the chenille because it's super-soft, wh... Read More
    Comment
overhear started a discussion
Are there soft, high-performance upholstery fabrics? Which ones? - I'm looking for a soft chenille or velour upholstery fabric for my sofa and would prefer to stick with something bullet-proof like Crypton o... Read More
    2 Comments
overhear started a discussion
    Comment